Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Back

So I have been MIA from this.  Not sure if anyone (besides Margie...lol) has even read this, but hey, it is a way to get some thoughts out so who cares...lol!!!

So since the last post lots have gone on.  Lets see - the holidays have passed and we are now in the crappy winter season.  If only it would snow instead of rain/ice I would be happy.  But no!  We just have grey skies and ZERO snow.  It snowed ONCE all season that was worth while and that was still fall!  I HATE winter and I mean hate it.  If there was a way for me to be a snow bird I would.  I would love down in FL all winter.  Preferably right near Disney, where I would have a part time job and go to as often as possible!!  Those that know me well know this is true!  
We are a family of Disney addicts, while minus my husband, he could take it or leave it, probably leave it.  I don't get that mind set, but then I guess you have to be a Disney nut to get it!  Emma is a Disney nut in the making and Owen loves all the sing along songs, so I think I will be in good company with my Disney addiction!!  We are getting a trip planned and put together for the spring.  Unfortunately there are no trips to break up the winter!  Big MISTAKE on my part!  Last year we went down for almost two weeks then end of January and that really helped to make the winter go faster.  Next year my non-Disney hubby wants to go for ESPN the weekend, which is usually the end of February/beginning of March, so I don't have to be convinced and am already starting to get pricing ideas for that!!  At least I have an April birthday trip to look forward to for now!

I am really looking forward to taking Owen.  He will be 18 months old when we go again and luckily thanks to sleep training he is now a fairly good sleeper - at least at night!!  We decided to sleep train him using the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.  I highly recommend this book to those parents at their wits end.  I can't get him to nap at all, but we went cold turkey from cosleeping to his crib on New Year's Eve and haven't looked back.  We had one rough night two days ago, but I think he is cutting teeth (which the book claims to not be an issue for sleep, but I disagree) so I think and hope we are over that little problem.  The book is great, but I am a true believer in altering it to fit your needs.  For the most part Owen will nap once a day in his crib for about an hour and then he may or may not go back to sleep if I hold him for another hour.  He still seems to need a morning nap because he definitely gets cranky, but if he takes one, then the afternoon nap gets hard.  UGH...parenting!  So difficult!

Emma on the other hand is and has always been a great sleeper!  We had a rough patch with her when she was a new born, but she has always slept well in her crib.  We moved her in at 10 months and she never gave one issue.  The kids share a room right now since we only have a 2 bedroom house and poor Emma has to sleep through Owen's crying on a rare occasion and she does!!  The rough night we had a couple nights back involved Owen waking at 12:45am, 2:45am, and 4:45am.  She slept through all of them!!  And we are talking 30 minutes of constant crying!  She is getting so big!  It scares me!  The things that she says and the thought of her getting bigger by the minute really make me so happy and sad at the same time.  I am not looking forward to full time school and all that, but I digress, that is a whole other post.  I just have to shake my head at her when she calls me ridiculous or her latest is to tell me that "accidents just happen!"  At least I know she is listening to me, right?!  

Well that is it for tonight.  I am really going to try and keep up on this.  I have been informed that on Wednesdays bloggers post pictures, so I will try to remember to do that tomorrow and then I already have an idea for my next post....ways to make money from home!

Stay tuned and happy reading!!  :-)  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment