Saturday, January 24, 2009

YAY! My house is getting a facelift....

Well my kitchen is anyway!! You know what they say about the shoemaker's children...well our house is like that! Owning a handyman business is great and all, but man does our house suffer! By the time the weekend comes or a day off of any kind, the last thing Jon wants to do is anything around here! Well I finally was like that is enough! So he painted the kitchen this weekend (he had off Friday) and WOW it looks awesome so far!! He has a little more painting to do and then we are headed to Home Depot to get the stuff for the back splash. Next weekend he is doing the floor - hopefully because we have cracked tiles! We are still deciding on whether or not to add some bead board, but I don't care, it is PAINTED!!

There are so many other projects that I want him to tackle as well. We were contemplating moving, but have decided to stick it out for at least another year. If you have seen my house you know that overflowing with crap is an understatement! So we now have some work cut out for us to make this place work. After the kitchen is done, my number one priority is the basement. We have a laundry area in our basement that is in an unfinished room the size of our family room that is full of junk! So my job is to get rid of the junk and pack up some unneeded stuff. Jon's job is to move some of the big items to my parent's basement for the time being and then his big job - finish the basement room. This room will become a play room for the kids, which in turn gives us our family room back! That is not to say that there won't be toys in our family room, I am a big believer that the family room is a room for the entire family to enjoy, but our house is tiny and our family room is monopolized by toys. Seriously...it looks like TOYS R US threw up in my living room!!

Oh and our Disney trip is back on, for those following that saga! We are headed back to the World from April 27th to May 4th! Jon doesn't want to go, which is fine I guess. We will miss having him there, but my mom is coming and it will be fun to have a girl's week. Well Owen will be there too, but eh, he is still little enough! :-) I am so excited to get the planning under way. Luckily we are able to do it REALLY cheap, I mean cheap cheap cheap, but still be staying in an awesome place!

Kids are good, all is good. Jon turned 30! YIKES!! We are going to the lake for the Winter Festival and life is going well overall. Hoping that business picks up when the weather warms, but as of now we are weathering the storm that is slow season and taking advantage with getting our house in order!

Stay tuned....night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment